How to move to the Netherlands from Austria
Our immigration lawyer in Netherlands can tell you more about the requirements for relocating to this country.
Legalization of Austrian documents for use in the Netherlands
Prior to relocating to the Netherlands, you must legalize your Austrian documents with the Austrian Foreign Ministry. Here is a list of the most common documents which have to be legalized before immigrating to the Netherlands from Austria:
• An official copy of a birth certificate – yours and your children`s if you move to the Netherlands with them;
• A certificate of marriage;
• A certificate of unmarried status;
• An official copy of a divorce certificate;
• An official copy of a death certificate.
You must provide the notary public with complete and original documentation. Any annexes to the documents must also be included in the process of legalization. The content and the authenticity of your documents can be checked by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) or any other municipality in the Netherlands. If you want to immigrate to the Netherlands from Austria, our experts in immigration matters can guide you through the entire process.
Austrians working in the Netherlands
When moving to the Netherlands from Austria you need to find a job in order to sustain yourself financially in this new country. There are several requirements for legally working in the Netherlands:
• Obtaining a citizen service number – it comes alongside the registration procedure with a Dutch municipality;
• Applying for a diploma recognition procedure – your Austrian diplomas and certificates are not automatically valid in the Netherlands;
• Researching the employment conditions in the Netherlands – you need to gather information about the statutory minimum wage, the Dutch working holiday scheme, payment during illness and maternity leave, the conditions of an employment contract and the working hours.
Please feel free to contact our immigration lawyer in Netherlands if you need professional assistance from an experienced team when moving from Austria to this country.