Immigrate to the Netherlands from Egypt
Apply for a Dutch visa as a citizen of Egypt
People from Egypt who want to submit the application form of a Dutch visa can visit the Embassy of the Netherlands in Cairo.
- employment: Egyptians willing to work in the Netherlands need a permit which will be a single one or a separate residence and work permit, depending on the type of work.
- highly-skilled migrant: individuals can also work as a highly-skilled migrant when they are to be transferred as a specialist or a manager to a branch in the country.
- study: for those who have been admitted to a university or another educational institution; they can also gain experience as trainees.
- investment: foreign investors can apply for a residence permit when they invest a minimum amount and the investment offers an added value to the Dutch economy.
- family reunification: a spouse or a partner, as well as a minor child, can obtain a residence permit to be able to join a family member who is already living in the country.
Visa requirements in the Netherlands
For a long-term visa to enter the Netherlands, Egyptians should consider the following requirements:
• the candidates need to provide a valid passport;
• if the individuals immigrate to the Netherlands for a job offer, he/she should offer an employment letter;
• a tuberculosis test is mandatory;
• the applicants need to provide details about the medical insurance;
• the candidates need to offer a copy of the ID from the home country.
A long-term entry visa for the Netherlands is available for 90 days and can be extended on request, being issued by the IND (Immigration and Naturalization Services). The next step is to apply for an authorization for temporary stay (MVV), which is also issued by the IND.
Various visa fees apply and they vary depending on the type of visa. For example, the first visa application for an individual who intends to stay with his/her partner in the Netherlands (the family visa) is 171 euros. For children under 18, this gee is lower, at 57 euros. Please remember that these fees can be updated. We recommend talking to one of our Dutch immigration lawyers for complete information on the visa fees.
How to apply for certain types of visas
- Registration: the company needs to be registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
- Nature of investment: the investment needs to be one that will be positive for the Dutch economy.
- Continuity: the founders must prove that the company will have continuity after the investment.
- Job creation: the company will create at least 10 job positions within a certain timeframe.
- Innovation: the company will need to bring a new product or service to the Netherlands, it can involve a new production technology or an innovative organizational setup.
- present the details of the company, the product offered, the number of employees, strategy, target, etc.
- state the identification details for the investor and the investment period.
- the purpose and the size of the investment, its value.
- list the expected effects of the investment and the conditions under which this will take place.
Apply for a residence permit as an immigrant from Egypt
If you have decided the Netherlands can be your definitive home, you should apply for a Dutch permanent residence permit. This process can start if you have lived for at least five years with no interruptions and you hold a non-permanent residence permit. The authorities in charge will analyze the background of an Egyptian citizen who worked and lived in the Netherlands for at least 5 years and will search if he/she has a clean background and is eligible to obtain the permanent residence permit. We remind that this document comes with the same rights as for any Dutch citizen and gives the right to apply for any kind of job and live in any city in the Netherlands. Citizens from Egypt who are legally established in the Netherlands can solicit guidance in Dutch citizenship matters.
Please feel free to contact our immigration lawyer in Netherlands for further details about how to immigrate from Egypt.