The Residence Endorsement Sticker in Netherlands
The residence endorsement sticker is only applied for the first time the individual submits an application for a residence permit in Netherlands. All of the stickers have the same design and they include information on the type of document they are issued for.
If you want to obtain suitable information and guidance about the type of visa or residence permit you need to enter the Netherlands, you can ask our immigration lawyer in the Netherlands.
What you need to know about the Dutch residence endorsement sticker
- Costs: there is no charge or fee for the issuance of the residence endorsement sticker;
- Ability to travel: this is not a substitute for a travel document; the applicant will also need his valid passport and a return visa if required.
- Validity: the validity period depends on the purpose of the endorsement sticker but it cannot exceed six months.
- Information: the data included on the sticker is the passport number, the V-number, the expiry date of the sticker and information about the work status.
The IND (Immigration and Naturalization Services) is in charge of issuing the Dutch visas and the residence permits for all foreigners interested in immigrating in the Netherlands or visiting the country for different purposes. A residence endorsement sticker makes proof of your legal right to live and also to work in the Netherlands and it is applied on your passport or on other important identification documents. If your residence permit in Netherlands is about to expire or has expired, it is recommended to apply for an extension. While your Dutch documents are prepared, the immigration authorities will offer a residence endorsement sticker on your passport, in order to avoid the possibility of being an illegal immigrant in the Netherlands.
The Dutch endorsement sticker is applied by the immigration officers on your passport or other travel documents as soon as you have submitted your papers for a residence permit in the Netherlands. Take into consideration that the validity of such a sticker will not exceed six months. The validity will increase with one month if your passport is about to expire soon. In the same manner, as a Dutch immigration lawyer, our consultants will provide you with complete and proper assistance while applying for a residence permit.
Applications for a residence endorsement sticker
- First application: when it is their first time applying for a residence permit; an appointment for the application can be scheduled;
- In case of an appeal: an objection or an appeal have already been registered with a Dutch court and the applicant is allowed to stay in the country;
- Provisional ruling: also applicable to those who have applied for a provisional ruling and are allowed to wait for the finalization in the Netherlands.
- EU intra-mobility: when the applicant’s stay in the country is in the context of EU intra-mobility.
- Different permit: when the applicant has applied for a change of the purpose of stay for the permit.
The conditions to obtain a Dutch residence permit - presented by our immigration lawyer in the Netherlands
The Netherlands has always offered plenty of work opportunities for all citizens from abroad. The young people are searching for proper and important schools here, and decide to relocate in the Netherlands, obtaining the same rights as any Dutch citizen, if they live with legal forms. A Dutch residence permit is a very important document that is issued by the IND, has a five-year validity and can be extended three months before the expiration date. If you provide the IND your identification papers, proof of your financial status and the reasons for your stay in the Netherlands, you will obtain the Dutch residence permit. We remind you that a residence endorsement sticker will be applied on your passport while the residence permit is prepared.
- Europe: in 2018, 35,729 people an din 2017, 30.293;
- Asia: in 2018 16.907 and in 2017, 25.641;
- Africa: in 2018 7.788 and in 2017, 4.629.
We kindly invite you to contact our team of immigration lawyers in the Netherlands for extra information about the Dutch residence endorsement sticker.