Immigration Lawyers in Amsterdam
Staying in the Netherlands is subject to a number of conditions, and these depend on your purpose of stay. By working with us, you will be able to understand your options as well as make sure that your application for a Dutch residence permit is accepted by the authorities (as opposed to risking its rejection for incomplete documentation).
You can find out more about our services below and you can always reach out to us if you need more details about how we can assist you.
What are the services provided by our immigration lawyers Amsterdam?
We are a team of dedicated lawyers in Amsterdam who specialize in immigration. We understand that each foreign national who comes to the country has different motives and that their journey will be different, depending on their background and on whether or not they are relocating to Amsterdam with their family members.
We can provide assistance for the following:
- Work permits: we offer complete solutions for Amsterdam migration for employment purposes for foreign employees irrespective of the industry in which they are looking to secure a job position;
- Highly skilled employees or international talent: if you are a non-EU/EEA foreign national, you can come to the Netherlands as a highly-skilled migrant, provided that you have an employment contract with a research institution and that you have a recognized sponsor;
- Opening a business: we can help you apply for a permit that allows you to work as an independent entrepreneur or as a start-up founder;
- Family reunification: our immigration lawyers in Amsterdam can help you apply for a residence permit that will allow you to join your spouse or another family member who is already a Dutch temporary or permanent resident;
- Citizenship: if you have already been living in the Netherlands for at least 5 years, we can help you apply for Dutch citizenship through naturalization.
Our immigration lawyers in Amsterdam offer you complete assistance and inform you of the status of your application as soon as this is updated. We are here to answer your questions and to make sure that you understand what is expected of you in order to lawfully enter the country.
What are the steps for Amsterdam immigration?
The applications you will need to submit to the Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) depend on your purpose of stay in the Netherlands. The supporting documentation differs when you are coming to the country to work, as opposed to when you are arriving in the Netherlands to live with your spouse or partner.
Understanding the rules set forth by the Government, through the IND and the Ministry of Justice and Social Security, is an important step for being able to comply with all of the legal requirements. This is why talking to our immigration lawyers in Amsterdam is recommended as soon as possible, so that you may understand what is expected of you before your arrival to the Netherlands and as soon as you arrive.
We present the following population statistics according to Statistics Netherlands:
- 17,541,672: the real time population forecast for September 2021;
- 24.6% of the people living in the Netherlands have a migration background;
- there are 8.6 million men and 8.8 million women living in the Netherlands;
- 16% of the population is aged between 12 and 25 years and 3.1 million people live alone.
When should you contact us?
Our Amsterdam immigration team can assist you as soon as you have decided to move to the country, even before you start the application process with the IND. Depending on your country of origin, you may need to follow additional processes, for example, applying for a provisional residence permit, or the MVV.
Once you give us more details about your nationality and situation, we can help you with a detailed outline of the procedures you will need to follow. We recommend reaching out to us before you submit the documents to the IND for a certain type of permit, so that we may confirm that your application is compliant.
Our Amsterdam migration specialists can answer your questions if you wish to know more about relocating to this city or moving between other Dutch cities if you have already handled part of the procedures related to relocating to the Netherlands.
Contact our immigration lawyers Amsterdam today to find out more details about our services and how we can assist you.