Dutch Residence through an Educational Institution

Updated on Tuesday 19th February 2019

Rate this article
based on 2 reviews

Dutch Residence through an Educational Institution Image
There are many universities from around the world whose students decide to follow an exchange program or a scholarship in the Netherlands. The Dutch state has a special legal framework related to the immigration of foreign students for study in the Netherlands and moreover, this country offers to the foreign universities, ways in which to grant residence permits in the Netherlands for their studentsOur immigration lawyer in Netherlands can give more details concerning the conditions that a University must meet in order to access residence permits for its students.

Conditions for the educational institutions abroad

One of the main conditions for a University, in order to be able to obtain a residence permit for its students in the Netherlands, is to be recognized as a sponsor for the IND (Immigration and Naturalization Service). The criteria for becoming a recognized sponsor by the Dutch institution is to be a reliable partner. This grants to any foreign University or educational institution the right to enter the Public Register for Recognized Sponsors. Another condition for universities from abroad is to comply with the European Standards and Guidelines and to have a high rank given by the Accreditation Organization of the Netherlands and Flanders NVAO. The NVAO rank reflects the professionalism and quality of the tuition in a university.

Our immigration lawyer in Netherlands can help any foreign university with information on what is necessary for becoming an IND trustworthy partner and thus to be able to obtain Dutch residence permit for the students.

How to obtain Dutch residence for students as an Educational Institution

A foreign university can obtain Dutch residence for the students if it is accredited by the International Baccalaureate Organization. The application is open as well to schools who provide secondary education or vocational tuition. Along the file containing all the required documents legalized and translated in one of the four accepted languages (Dutch, English, French or German) the applicant institution must as well pay a € 5276 fee.

Feel free to contact our attorneys specialized in immigration in the Netherlands who can help you prepare in order to obtain residence permits for your students.